Still pARTy-ing!!

Today I finished an oil painting of Zevon.  This is my second version of Zevon.  I'm painting in an online pARTy.  You may remember Zevon from my last post (click here to see it and to read all about the pARTy).

This version of Zevon is a bit different from the digital painting I did of him last week.  In the digital version I used more purples.  The oil painting started out that way, but when I was finishing it, I decided I like the blues better than the purples.  I love the contrast between the blues of the dog and the yellows and oranges of the backgrounds.  And the red lines seem to pop.  

The photo isn't true to the painting.  The top half of the background is more yellow than blue.  And the blues are more gray - not quite so bright.  I tried to correct the color on my computer, but no luck.  

Zevon in Blues
16" x 8", oil on canvas panel

This morning I spotted a bald eagle feasting on breakfast on the sand bar that appears at low tide across from our dock.  I managed to get a photo of him (her?) as he flew away.  It's a bit blurry, but still obvious it is an eagle.  What a great way to start my day!

Bald Eagle in the marsh

Thanks for stopping by!!  

susan
www.susangarriques.com

Comments

Unknown said…
On a roll. Love the shininess of the fur. Love the red lines.