Day Five.....30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

It is Sunday and an "arctic front" is approaching from the west.  Tomorrow night the predicted low is -4 degrees.  Add to that winds gusting to 30 mph and the prediction is for wind chill as low as -50 on the mountain tops and -20 in the valleys.  Time to hunker down and paint!!  

Today's painting is a portrait of another one of my bears.  I just realized that she is the only "female" bear in my collection!  Hmmm.... that gives me something to think about this evening. <grin>

I really had fun painting "Miss Bear".  In fact, I was enjoying myself so much, 3 hours slipped away unnoticed by the time I was finished.  I've been trying to keep each painting to a limit of 2 hours, so this one was a bit "over budget".  I think it shows, though.  It's my favorite painting so far.

Miss Bear
6" x 6", oil on birch panel

Thanks so much for stopping by.  If you are also in the path of the "arctic front", I hope you stay safe and warm.  

See you tomorrow!!

susan

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com



Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the encouragement this morning. I am having trouble getting out of "preview" and also finding post I compose and save but are not yet published.

I like Miss Bear too. Very fuzzy.
Sally Dean said…
I like your bear! Stay warm and paint !
Nelvia said…
She is so cute, can almost feel the soft fuzziness.
Susan said…
Thanks, everyone for your comments. I'm glad she comes across as "fuzzy" because she is! Her fur is almost curly.