It's a pARTy!!

Kimberly Santini, a fabulous artist (who just happens to be the Kentucky Derby Artist for 2015), is holding a pARTy.  If you are wondering what a pARTy is, as Kim says, the idea is simple.  A photographer shares the rights to one of their photographs and challenges artists to make artwork from that photo.  The artwork is shared collectively.  It's great fun to see how the artists have been inspired by the photo.

The photographer sharing the photograph for the pARTy is Juliet Harrison.  The photo is of her dog, Zevon.   I really like Juliet's work.  A few years ago, I painted from one of her photos, the one I call Show Pony.  

After painting 30 marsh scenes, I'm ready to get back to where I am happiest - painting animals.  Today, I decided to give working on my iPad another try so that I could experiment with some ideas I had without wasting oil paint.  I've been using a wonderful application called ArtRage.  It can be set up to use just about any medium - watercolor, oils, pencils, pastels.  Pick your canvas texture.  It's pretty much like having a studio on my iPad.  

I spent a few hours painting on the iPad, and when I was done, I like the "painting" enough to share it.  Tomorrow, I plan to get a canvas out and paint Zevon in oil paints.  And pretty much the same way I've done it on the iPad, but of course, I never know what might flow off my brush!! <grin>

Zevon in ArtRage

Thanks for stopping by.  See you next time!! 

susan
www.susangarriques.com

Comments

Ducky said…
How unique Susan. Excited to see the result.
Unknown said…
This is fabulous. Some of the "experiments" of the 30 in 30 are already showing up in the work. Love the abstract colors and the glowing red line work.