Day One - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

It is January 1st and Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge has begun!  Last year I joined in and can honestly say it was a great learning experience.  This year, I'm adding in the challenge of painting directly from life rather than from photos.  Since I paint mostly animals, and they aren't known for holding poses for hours on end, I use photo references for my studio paintings.  Painting from life is much more difficult for me.  So, this year, I'm setting up small still lifes in my studio.  (be prepared for multiple stuffed bears!)  I'm hoping that by the end of the 30 paintings, it won't be so hard.

Today, I decided to use my little calendar bear again.  You may remember seeing him in my post here.  This one was painted on a 6" x 6" birch board. 





Happy New Year!!  

If you haven't seen it yet, my Occasional Artzine (only 1 issue in 2013!) is available now by clicking here.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll be back tomorrow to see what's on my easel.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments