Day 10 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Ten days done now.  One third of the way through this challenge. It seems like we just started and these ten days have flown by.  I hope you've had a chance to take a look at some of the art being created.  If not, here's a link to Leslie's blog.... http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com.

Before I talk about today's painting, I realized that I forgot to mention something about the adorable orange kitten I painted yesterday.  Normally, I paint the eyes last.  They are my favorite part to paint, so I save them for last.  Once the eyes go in, the animal comes to life.  This time, though, I decided to paint the kitten's eyes first.  And I was sure glad I did.  There are lots of tiny details in those eyes and since the rest of the surface was paint free, I could steady my hand there.  I'm learning so much during this challenge!

Today I painted my little terrier statue again.  A couple of days ago, he was sitting on my drafting table when the sun was setting behind him.  It threw this very long shadow across the table and caught my eye when I was walking by.  I knew right away I want to paint it.  This time, though, I grabbed my camera and took some photos and painted from one of those.  



This painting was done on a piece of 8" x 3" gessoed watercolor paper with water-mixable oils.  Since this is half the size of what I've been painting on, it took me about half as long.  Which gave me some time this afternoon to give a blogging lesson to two artists that are joining the challenge.  Here is a link to Katherine's http://kmccartyart.blogspot.com/ and just as soon as Sandra gets her first post up, I'll include that here, too.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you back here tomorrow.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments