Day 9 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today I totally enjoyed immersing myself in this painting.  I started with the eyes, and spent about an hour just on those.  It was amazing how much detail I could see after looking for a while.  I ended up spending lots of hours on this one.  Including the sketch, probably 6 hours.  And I enjoyed every minute of those hours.

This little orange fur ball was painted with water-mixable oils on a 6" x 8" sheet of gessoed watercolor paper.  



While I was working today, the strangest thing happened.  Started out strange, at least, but ended up to be rather funny.  If you saw my post from Day 2, you might remember that our cat died on that day.  Since it's been a little more than a week, it is still rather strange not to see her in her "normal" places.  So, earlier today, while painting, I heard the cat meow.  She was our only cat, so it was pretty weird.  At first I thought it was in my head, but no, I heard it again. Loud and clear.  I was painting in our lower level and crept over to the stairs to get a better listen.  Then, I figured out what it was.  Our Senegal parrot was meowing.  And darned if she didn't get that cat's meow down perfectly!!!  It made me laugh at the end, but there for a minute, I was wondering if we had a ghost cat!

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you tomorrow.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments