More than just mice.....

My "Baseboard Mice" have been a great hit (a special thanks to everyone out there who have "adopted" mice) and I've been busy painting mice, building their website, writing their stories..... it's been fun.

But.... I haven't given up on my more "serious" art.  Two days last week, I took time out to work on a painting in the most recent Richard Robinson workshop.  Richard teaches an online workshop each month on the website, The Complete Artist.  

The loose style that Richard has and the way that he uses light in his paintings is very appealing to me.  I'm working on getting more of these qualities in my paintings.  

Here is the painting I did while watching Richard paint the same painting.  Sort of a "paint along with Richard" painting.

Shed - study - 8" x 8" - oil on birch board

My next step in the journey toward painting "looser" is to find one of the scenes I've painted before and try it again.  Use what I've learned in this one and see what happens.

Stay tuned..... and thanks for stopping by.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
www.baseboardmice.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments

Ducky said…
Looking forward for what is to come!