Rainy Days and Mondays.....

We are having one of those "all day" rains today.  And it is a Monday.  Makes it great day to spend sometime painting.

Before the rain started, early this morning, I decided to go out to the dock to take some photos.  It was very gray and foggy.  Tide about half way out.  To my delight, as I was shooting photos, a pair of dolphins appeared in my "scene", just off the dock.  Made it a special morning.

My painting today, #12 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, includes one of the dolphins.  I painted the entire board before adding the dolphin, then spent an enormous amount of time trying to get it to look like a dolphin.  I very nearly wiped her out, but at the very last instant, decided to leave her in.  The water was very still and the dorsal fin reflected in the water.  Thinking about it now, perhaps I should have left the reflection out.  What do you think?  Does it "read" correctly?


Misty Morning
6" x 6", oil on birch board
Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com


Comments

Unknown said…
Had no idea that dolphins would come into this kind of shore land. How exciting for a rainy Monday.
Meredith Adler said…
I like it a lot...I hope you leave the dolphin. I think it's a great landscape, too. Maybe you can use the composition in a future painting. I like the colors, too. But we need to discuss something...it's been raining here today, too--but no dolphins! Something's just not right, here...
Susan said…
My ever-observant husband suggested I just remove the fin reflection of the dolphin. I might try that in Photoshop before messing with the painting again. Thanks, Meredith, I'm glad you like it. Lined up with the other paintings, it is very soft. Just what I was attempting!!