Day 13 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 13.  Time is flying.  Today's painting was a very complicated composition.  It is from a photo that I took last week at the Donnelly Wildlife Management Area.  And last week, I didn't think I would ever try to paint it during the Challenge.  But.....  


Marsh Colors
6" x 6", oil on birch board
One of the benefits of the 30 Paintings Challenge is that I find myself getting better at landscapes - at least marsh landscapes. And more confident.  Back a few days ago my blog post was "Back in my Comfort Zone".  After I wrote it and had a few hours to think about it, I had to laugh.  Landscapes have never been my comfort zone. 

I took photos along the way of today's progress.  I've been using Cadmium Red to sketch my paintings in with and then using it also to block in my darks.  The two photos below will show you how I started this one.  I left quite a bit of red showing this time and I rather like it.  









Thanks so much for stopping by.  And reading this far!!  It's good to have company along this journey.

susan

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments