#4 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Today's painting is the same scene as #2, but this time it is from early morning.  I walk by here every morning just as the sun is rising.  The marsh grasses glow in the sun's rays.  

I decided to leave blue out of the sky and use a pinkish-orange instead.  Then, I added a little stream through the marsh that isn't really there.  Since the sky is pink, I painted the stream pink.  The sky would reflect in the stream.  


Golden Light
6" x 6", oil on birch board



Painting this was fun - I enjoyed experimenting with different colors and adding elements not in the photo.  It wore me out, though, so the intended second painting of the day didn't happen.  No worries, though.



Thanks for stopping by!!  Please be sure to come back tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments

Unknown said…
Serene and glowing. You must be having a good time.
Unknown said…
Susan - I like your journey with your art. It's much like my own. I love painting animals, but am trying to grow - paint more landscapes and get a looser style. I love your River painting on your web page. It reminds me so much of the beautiful water that Fritz Thaulow paints. Keep up the great work!
Unknown said…
Lynne Finlay is painting the marshland and is part of the 30 in 30, if you haven't seen it already.
Susan said…
Thanks, Laurel, for the compliment. And you are right, I am having a good time. It's fun to be able to concentrate on painting again.
Susan said…
Carol - thanks so much for checking out my website. I'm not familiar with Fritz Thaulow's work, but I'll be sure to check it out.