Jerry

Some very good friends of mine recently lost their best friend, Jerry.  I met Jerry when he was just a pup, so learning that Jerry had "gone over the Rainbow Bridge" was very sad.  

Painting a portrait of Jerry was a good way for me to celebrate his life.  As I was painting, I remembered some of the times I spent with Jerry.  He didn't seem to know he was a dog.  Sometimes it seemed he thought he was a cat.  He liked to perch on the top of the couch to keep an eye on what was going on in the kitchen.  And I do think the kitchen was his favorite room - he was a real food hound.  He was known to stand on his hind legs to reach whatever was on the table.  Jerry loved riding in the truck with his "dad".  And, being a Beagle, Jerry also loved to bark.  

Jerry
oil on canvas, 11" x 14"
This portrait is a bit different than the portraits I have done before.  I thought it would be fun to paint this portrait with both the puppy face of Jerry and the adult "Jerry".  He was an adorable pup - long silky ears and great big eyes.  I was just lucky enough to have both puppy and adult photos of Jerry.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.  Now Jerry will live on in our memories and on canvas.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you've got a dog you'd like me to paint, be sure to drop me an email.  I've got room for one more commission in time for the holidays.  

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com


Comments