Painting glass.....

Today's painting is another attempt at painting glass.  I'm finding it to be rather mesmerizing.  Rather than thinking about the "thing" I'm painting, my brain is forced into analyzing the shapes that light creates as it passes through the glass.  

The smaller of these two small glass containers I found buried in dirt in our garden.  It is only about 2 and a half inches tall and clear glass.  The other is the same small ice blue square vase I used on Day 11 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.    

The board I used for this is another one that I used clear gesso on.  Gesso is applied to the surface of the board in preparation for the paint.  I like using the clear gesso and then letting some of the wood background show through in the paintings, like I did with this one.

Glass
6" x 6" , oil on birch board
  
Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com


Comments