Day 27, Amaryllis in Bloom

After several days of waiting and anticipation, here is the amaryllis in bloom!  You can see my painting of the bud on my post from Day 19.  I really like the white trimmed in red.  Plus, this plant has two stalks and each one has 4 flowers.   I’m delighted that all 4 of my amaryllis plants are blooming this year.  

This painting is a bit larger than the others I’ve been painting.  I am running out of 6” x 6” birch boards.  This one is 8” x 8”.  Seemed like a lot larger than that, too, when I started out.  After painting on 6” x 6” boards for several weeks, this one seemed HUGE!  I’ve got one more painting that will have to go on a 8” x 8” board, too. 

Amaryllis in Bloom
8" x 8", oil on birch board


The square format of these boards has been fun.  I've been working on a series of little birds that are done on square canvases, too, but usually I work in a rectangular format of some sort.  I think I’ll be doing more squares in the future!

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com

susan@susangarriques.com

Comments