New painting alert!

It's most embarrassing to look and see that my last blog post was more than a month ago.  I truly admire those people who manage to write daily blog posts, or even weekly!  Often times during the day I will think "I should write a blog post", but then get stuck on "what to write about".  Biggest stumbling block, though, is not having a new painting to show. 

Today, though, I DO have a new painting to share.  This painting was started back last spring, after a day of painting outside along the Cane River.  I was intrigued by the shape of the water.  And the movement.  And I wanted to try to capture it on canvas.  I worked on it off and on through spring and summer and now, fall.  Lots and lots of hours on this one (with a few breaks in between for other paintings).  The painting is 24" wide by 34" long, oil on canvas.  I like working on larger canvases, it's a nice change from the smaller dog portraits that I do.  It took an immense amount of concentration and careful consideration of colors and values.  Especially values.  And I think it worked<grin >.  I hope you do, too.


"River", 24" x 36", oil on canvas

Now that my "river" painting is done, I have 3 paintings in progress in the studio.  What fun that is!  All three have horses in them.  One is a portrait, one is a scene from our trip out west last year, and the last is for an upcoming exhibit.  It is very exciting to have three going at once. 

I nearly forgot some very exciting news.... I was a featured artist in the October issue of the online magazine, Canine Collectibles Courier. You can read the interview here.... http://erinrac.net/rock-solid-interview-with-susan-garriques/

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll try to be here more often now that the River is done.  

susan

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments

Ducky said…
I can hear the water rolling over the rocks and feel a slight, refreshing chill.

Love the colors.
Susan said…
Thanks so much, Ducky! It sounds like I've done my job.