East Quoddy Light

Thanksgiving Day is a week from today.  Where has this year gone?  Christmas is just over a month away.  And then comes January.  I was thinking about all this while painting this morning.  It's alarmed me when I got to the "January" part, because I'm planning on painting in the next 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, just like last year.  Yikes.  That's coming right up.  I've got to get to planning what I will be painting.  Any suggestions will be more than welcome for consideration!

Meanwhile, I'm still working on the 3 paintings I had started in the studio last week and having a good time switching back and forth between paintings.  They are in various stages of completion.  The smallest is a 10" x 8" horse portrait.  That's nearly done and I should be able to share that with you soon.

During October, I finished the painting of East Quoddy Lighthouse on Campobello Island that I posted an "in progress" photo of in this post. Also known as Head Harbour Lighthouse, it is known to be the most photographed lighthouse in the world.  It looks out over the Bay of Fundy.  Here's my finished painting:

East Quoddy Lighthouse, Campobellow Island, NB
8" x 16", oil on canvas panel
Here's an interesting bit of fact I learned while traveling up that way this past fall.  Totally confused me at first.  We first saw East Quoddy Light, then, we traveled East to see West Quoddy Head Light, which is in Maine, and is the easternmost point in the United States.  East? West?  Hmmm....

Thanks for stopping by.  

susan

Comments