Home again.....

Our latest adventure is over, a bit earlier than expected.  We are home again and today I got to spend the morning in the studio.  And I finished the painting that I started in French River, PEI.  

This is the painting that I started a week ago today, while we were camping on Prince Edward Island.  If you missed that post, you can see it here.... prince edward island  

Today, I put another layer of paint over the entire painting, correcting values as I went.  Then, I started in on the details - the windows and doors and roof trim.  Egads.  Not really sure what I was thinking of!  I'm thinking I need to do some research and see how other artists handle all these little details.

Sometimes, when I was on the road and thinking about this painting, I wondered what it would be like to make it more abstract.  I think it would be a fun experiment and I just might tackle it.  Stay tuned!


French River, Prince Edward Island
6" x 8", oil on canvas
Another studio day tomorrow - so with any luck, I'll be back here tomorrow, too!  

Thanks for stopping by!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com



Comments

Ducky said…
The colors are amazing! Love everything about this painting!
Susan said…
Thanks so much! I really had fun painting this one - both on site and finishing in the studio. And the fun always shines through!