Happy 4th of July

Summer is here and with the change in seasons, life in the mountains is busy.  We've had an abnormally large amount of rain, which makes everything grow so fast you can nearly watch it happen.  This, of course, includes weeds.  I honestly believe I could be a full-time gardener right now and still not keep up with it.

Even though it has been busy, I did get up to Roan Mountain to paint a couple of weeks ago.  If you missed that post, you can read about it by clicking here.  The rhododendron blossoms weren't as pretty this year as last year.  We had a cold spring and all the plants are blooming late, including the rhodies up on the Roan.  

I have to confess to not painting as much as I would like to.  But that would mean painting most all the time, sleeping excluded, and that's just not very realistic. The weeds would take over and the cupboards would be bare.  So... I paint when I can and I find that I'm enjoying it even more.  Forbidden candy of sorts.  

Since it has been about 2 weeks since I actually finished a painting, I was itching to paint today and to complete whatever I started.  Since the 4th of July is tomorrow - I wanted to paint something with a patriotic scene. This is oil on cradled birch panel (I really like painting on these!) and is 6" x 8".  





Thanks for stopping by!  Happy 4th of July!

susan

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments