Paint Out Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the Toe River Arts Council's annual Paint Out in Burnsville, NC.  Artists from all over Western North Carolina will be in town to paint.  Each year seems to attract more (and more talented) artists.  

Every year I drive around looking for the "perfect" spot to paint.  There are some absolutely drop dead gorgeous scenes around the bends in the mountain roads.  And absolutely no where to pull a car off the road, let alone set up an easel to paint.  The "perfect" spot would have a parking area, a level place to set up my easel in the shade, and a view, of course.  By now you  have probably figured out there are no "perfect" spots and what an artist has to do is create a painting from the whatever is available.  Ignore a tree, delete a building.  Add a mountain here, a garden there.  

This year, I decided that I really wanted to paint with another artist nearby, so one of my artist friends and I headed out looking for the perfect spot.  She found a pretty good one for us that is close to downtown Burnsville.  The only thing that would make it more "perfect" for me is if there were a creek running through it! (I'm still fascinated with water)  Of course, I suppose if I wanted to, I could just add a stream......

Here's a photo I took on Wednesday of the scene that we'll be painting tomorrow.  And as long as it isn't a "wiper" (ie. wipe the canvas clean of paint because the painting is so bad), I'll post the results here tomorrow evening.  



Don't forget about my contest!  It closes tomorrow (Saturday) and midnight.  Here's a link to the post about the contest...

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow! 

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments