Another 30 Day Challenge!

Leslie Slaeta is hosting another 30 Day Challenge - this one is for marketing - not painting - and I've joined some 300 other artists in the challenge.  Leslie will be sending out marketing task each day that we will complete.

Today is Day One and our task is to create an artist mentoring group.  I already belong to such a group - the Wednesday Painters.  I've been a member for a bit more than four years.  We paint together on Wednesdays.  In addition to the support we are able to provide each other, last summer we had an exhibit of our work.  Since art can be an isolated profession, being able to meet together with others to share ideas is wonderful.  

Since today is Wednesday - and I just got back from the Outer Banks - I decided to tackle some waves during our studio time together.  My attention has been drawn to water recently.  Not sure why, but I sure have been enjoying the exploration.

This painting is done on a 6" x 6" birch panel with oils.  I gessoed the panel with a clear gesso rather than white.  I like letting some of the wood grain peek through.  And I must say - I'm rather pleased with this little study.




I do believe that I may have to change the title of this blog.  Not that I plan to stop painting animals - no way - but, the title "Animal Portraits" is a bit limiting.  So... don't be surprised to find a new title here one day soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments