Beach fix....

Since Spring is taking its sweet time arriving here in the mountains, I spent part of last week and this week working on a beach painting.  It helps my winter blahs tremendously.  Takes me right back to the beach.

This painting is of the north end of Hunting Island in South Carolina.  Hunting Island is a State Park along the coast - about 15 miles from Beaufort.  We were camping there in February.  They have a nice campground with some spots beachside.  We were lucky enough to have a beachside spot and enjoyed being close enough to hear the ocean waves. 

Another plus about Hunting Island is the fact that dogs are welcome on the beach.  I enjoyed a hike to the far north end of the beach with Maggie and Lizzy one morning.  The tide was low, leaving rivers of water in the sand.  The blues in the water were amazing.  Seabirds were catching breakfast.  It was beautiful.

This painting is a result of that morning.  It's 20" x 16" on stretched canvas.  I painted it with my Winsor Newton Artists Oils in the studio.  These are my favorite oils - very "buttery".  




Thanks for stopping by!
susan
http://susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments