Day 28 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Today's subject is Lilo, who lives in Key West with yesterday's subject, Stitch.  Lilo is a Boston Terrier.  I was told that Lilo is very sweet, but in this painting she looks tom me like she has asked a question and is waiting for the answer.  

When writing my blog post last night, there was something I had been thinking about writing when I was painting, but I just couldn't remember what it was.  As soon as I started painting today, I remembered!  Color.  I had been thinking about color.  Since Stitch (yesterday's painting) is white and Lilo is black, I had a really good time using colors other than white and black to represent the white and black.  It was fun to paint Lilo's face with shades of purple and blue and gray.



I painted Lilo on a 6" x 4" sheet of gessoed watercolor paper using water mixable oils.  My palette was only French Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White and a tiny bit of Alizarin Crimson.

Only two more paintings in the Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you tomorrow.


susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments