Day 23 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

A week from tonight, I'll be writing my last post of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  This time has gone by amazingly fast.  

I realized earlier today that if anyone stopped by yesterday, it would appear that I missed a painting.  It totally slipped my mind that I should make a post that would lead you to my other blog - The Great Out West Adventure.  You can see my painting for Day 22 by clicking here.  

After many days in a row of painting at my drafting table, today I decided to get back into my studio and paint in natural light.  My studio has been a bit of a mess, which was caused by a long story I won't bother you with - but I'll give you a hint - "roof leak".  So today, I put the studio back together and then painted this addition to my "little bird" series.  It was done on a 5" x 5" stretched canvas with Winsor Newton Artist's Oils.  Since I've been using water mixable oils at the drafting table, I've missed the buttery texture of these traditional oils.  This little canvas is 1 1/2" deep, so it can sit on a shelf or table or be hung on a wall.  




Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you back here tomorrow.


susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments