Little Birds

Back again .....   still on the road.... years ago, we were traveling along the Intracoastel Waterway in our sailboat and it was always a surprise to find a marina with an Internet connection.  Now, traveling in a RV, I've been surprised and delighted to find that most of them have wireless Internet.  Yay!!!!  My husband has an iPhone, which can be a "personal hotspot", which I like to use as a backup, but we like to camp on the "road less traveled" and that tends to mean the "road without cell service".  Staying in touch is definitely easier than during our sailing days, but it can be frustrating none the less!

Back when I was working on the Grizzly bear (see the last post if you missed it), I painted him in my studio during the day.  At night, back at home, I have a drafting table with good light in the lower level of the house.  I picked up some 5"x 5" canvases on sale and decided to do some "little" paintings.  Big difference from the 4 foot by 3 foot canvas for the Grizzly!  We get lots of little birds around the house and occasionally I get some good photos of them.  I thought it would be fun to do a series of "little bird" paintings and that maybe those small canvases would be perfect for that series.  So.. after a day in the studio working on the Grizzly bear, I headed down to the lower level and my drafting table.  And there, was the start of the "little bird series".  Four of them made it into an exhibit this summer.   The one included here is a Scarlet Tanager.  I'll post the rest in the weeks to come.  




Thanks for stopping by....

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments