Kudzu

Kudzu's owner told me that she probably should have never named him after that plant that grows so vigorously here in the South. He grew to weigh 120 pounds and his head was counter height! After having only a Jack Russell Terrier for more than 10 years when I met Kudzu, it was fun not to have to bend over to pet him! Kudzu won my heart not long after I met him, when he "protected" me from a Yellow Lab that was barking at me. Kudzu and the Lab were friends, but he growled at her and moved her away from me. She was bluffing, but I was honored by Kudzu's chivalry none the less. Kudzu has "gone over the Rainbow Bridge" now and painting him has been a bit like having him back again.

As I was preparing the photo of the painting for this post, I can see a few tiny spots I'd like to look at in "real life" and make some adjustments to. It always amazes me to see what the camera "sees" that I've totally missed. The color is off a little bit in this image, too. The background is more of a cool blue - it looks a little warm in the photo to me.

This painting, an 8" x 10" oil on Raymar panel, was a commission, so it isn't for sale, but please be sure to email me if you'd like to discuss investing in a painting of one of your pets - or if you'd like to purchase something already done.

thanks for stopping by,

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments