Snickers


"Snickers" is the third in my series of paintings of the dogs at FiFi's Friends, a no-kill rescue shelter in Bakersville, NC. Snickers is an adult male dog who has lived at FiFi's Friends for about 4 years now. Pam says he is definitely a "redhead" and his wild hairdo really defines the character he is. Snickers sounds like the perfect companion dog. You can read more about him on FiFi's Friends PetFinder page for him... http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/10538806

I really enjoyed painting Snickers, especially his "wild 'do" - which actually doesn't look all that wild in this pose. The reds and yellows in his fur are beautiful. Mostly, I love his eyes. They remind me a lot of my hound dog, Maggie's eyes. Very "soulful".

If you can't adopt Snickers, but would love to have this beautiful face around, the painting can be yours for just $190. I'll donate $50 of that to FiFi's Friends.

Thanks for stopping by....

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

June 7, 2011 update - Snickers has been adopted! Yahoo!

Comments