Please Vote for Ollie!

This absolutely handsome little fellow is Ollie. He lives a very good life in Sedona with a favorite friend of mine. Ollie was a rescue dog, given up by someone who wasn't physically capable of keeping a Jack Russell Terrier. I've had the good fortune to spend some time with Ollie and he is quite the charmer.

This is also the painting that I mentioned a few weeks ago that was a surprise. Ollie's mom's birthday was coming right up, and I couldn't resist. I'm so glad I didn't post the "in progress" photo as I had planned. She reads my blog, which I didn't know. Cool.

The painting was done on a 5"x7" Raymar Art panel. They have several different "types" of panels. I like the PleinAir panels and I use the one for Fine Portrait and Detail Artists in a turquoise color package. The canvas surface on these panels have a fine texture. These panels are a cotton/poly canvas on MDF with a melamine finish on the back side (to prevent warping). I've been working on these panels for more than a year now and I've been very happy with them. If you are interested here's a link.... www.raymartart.com
(and a disclaimer - I'm not paid for that recommendation - I just like the product)

Now, for the Voting part mentioned in the title. I've entered this painting of Ollie in the current online exhibit at the Canine Art Guild. This exhibit is called Mug Shots and I thought this portrait of Ollie fit the title perfectly. You can see the exhibit at www.CanineArtGuild.com/gallery

There are four pages of paintings in the Mug Shots exhibit and they are all pretty much fantastic. Go and look and see for yourself. Ollie is on the first page. You need to leave your email address for the vote to count - there's a space at the bottom of the page for that.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the Mug Shots exhibit!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments