The "BIG" Announcement

Today is the day! I finally get to make my "big" announcement. You may already know that I use my art to help raise money for several local animal shelters and rescue organizations. You also know that dogs are a favorite subject of mine. I had nearly run out of good reference photos, when I had one of those "aha!" moments. An epiphany. My dog, Maggie, came from a local no-kill rescue organization called FiFi's Friends. There are more than 40 dogs there now and Pam, their caregiver, takes great photos of them. I approached Pam with a plan. Using her photos, I'll paint portraits of the dogs. I've been studying internet marketing recently and I'm going to use what I've been learning to get the word out about these wonderful dogs. If I can help find any of FiFi's Friends' dogs a forever home, I'll be delighted. In addition, these portraits will all be for sale. The paintings will be smallish, so that I can keep the prices low and more affordable. I will donate 25% of the sale of each portrait to FiFi's Friends.

The first dog of this new project is Max. (You'll find a link to
his page on PetFinder below.) Max is a Plott Hound/Staffordshire Terrier mix. His owner was deployed overseas and had to give him up. I can only imagine how hard that must have been for both of them.

M
ax is about 2 years old, about 60-65 lbs and is housebroken. He's a very strong dog, both physically and emotionally. He is very sweet and loyal to his person. He's a big strong boy and would love to be your hiking or running companion. Here's a sweet story Pam told me about him:

"I had him at the vet one day and this lady who had to be at least 70 came out of one of the rooms and Max saw her and he was in a sitting position and he kind of hopped, in that sitting position so he was gazing right into her eyes...only a couple of inches from her. It was all so sweet...and kind of surprised me that he chose her like he did."

Max's page on PetFinder can be seen here:
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18336226

FiFi's Friends page on PetFinder can be seen here:
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NC568.html

Contact me directly if you'd like to buy this painting. It is 5" x 7", oil on panel. It can be yours for only $80, plus shipping. That means $20 will go to FiFi's Friends.

Thanks so much for stopping by - especially if you made it all the way down here to the end!

susan

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments