German Shepherd Dog Puppy - in progress

Tuesdays sure do come around quickly. Today is a grey and rainy day here. A good day to stay indoors and post to my blog.

This German Shepherd puppy has stolen my heart already. When I was a kid, my mom raised German Shepherds. It was the only breed I had any familiarity with until I was well into adulthood. They are smart and totally devoted to their owners.

I'm painting this one on a 10" x 8" canvas and hope to have him done on time to enter him in the Canine Art Guild's upcoming Helping Paws Exhibit. In this online exhibit, each of the artists will partner up with an animal rescue or shelter of their choice and pledge some of the proceeds of sales to that shelter or rescue. In addition, there will be several People Choice awards. That money goes directly to the rescue or shelter partnered with the winning artists. The exhibit will begin on December 15th. Watch here for a link announcing the opening.

Still haven't decided what to do with the background on this one. Seems to always be a problem. The canvas has been toned with a pale tan color. I like the way the puppy seems emerge from that color. At the same time, I'm thinking of trying some brush strokes of really bright colors - not painted in totally - more random swaths of color. I'll probably work with it a bit in Photoshop to see if I can pull it off with my paints. That way I won't risk ruining what looks to be a good painting.

Stay tuned........

and thanks for stopping by,
susan

Comments