Hmmmm.... more than two years have slipped by since I last posted. How did that happen? I'm pretty sure I think everyday about how I should be blogging and yet, I never seem to get here.

Regardless, here I am with another goal of blogging with regularity. Tuesdays. Maybe Thursdays too. And maybe more often if there is something interesting going on in my art world. But for sure Tuesdays.

Today's painting was a commissioned portrait of an 8 month old yellow Labrador Retriever. His name is "Duke". The painting is 8" x 10", oil on canvas. One of my goals with this painting was to capture the "young" dog. Not a puppy look anymore, but not an adult either. I'm happy with the results. He was on my easel for about a month and I was reluctant to send him off to his "new" home. When I paint animals (as opposed to my landscapes) I find I have a hard time letting them go. I become attached. It must be the eyes. He was so much like having a well behaved pet in the studio with me! Quiet and non-demanding.

Thanks for stopping by. See you next week! (or maybe sooner.....)

Susan
http://susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com




Comments