Rainy Saturday......

It's raining here in the mountains this morning. We are thankful for the rain, since we are still way behind in rainfall.  A thunderstorm rolled through quickly at sunrise and the thick gray cloud that filled the valley turned pink with the first light.  On what I've come to think of as "special days", the fog that often encompasses our ridge glows with color.  Sometimes pink, like this morning.  Other times, orange.  And always special.

Most Saturday mornings, I'm in Micaville at OOAK Art Gallery playing in the music jam.  But, later today Smokey Joe and Susan Scoggins are performing in a house concert.  If you've never been to a house concert, I can tell you they are a great way to hear music.  The house concerts here in the mountains start with a potluck, followed by the concert.  Anywhere from 20-40 people in the audience (depending on the house space).  Tonight's concert will be followed by a music jam, so I'll get my playing in later today.  And this morning, when I'm done writing this, I'll be in the kitchen prepping for the potluck.

Still guilty of blog neglect, but I have been busy painting AND working in a new medium (which I will reveal soon!).  Earlier this week, I delivered 3 new paintings to the TRAC Gallery in Burnsville.   This one is "Little Bears".....

Little Bears - 5" x 5" x 1.5" 

Two years ago, I finally got to see bears in the wild.  We were in Cade's Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains.  We spotted a mama bear grazing in a meadow and her three cubs were behind her, playing in the trees.  Painting these two little cubs brought back the thrill of that morning in Cade's Cove.

If you happen to be in Burnsville, be sure to stop and visit the TRAC Gallery.  In addition to my Little Bears, the gallery is full of wonderful art in multiple mediums.  

Thanks for stopping by!!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com


Comments