Guilty Again!!

I am guilty of blog neglect once again.  My last post was about 2 and 1/2 months ago.  Yikes.  

The good news is that I've been busy painting.  In addition to painting the little mice in my Baseboard Mice series, just in time for Christmas, I painted a step stool for a grand-daughter.  The Sesame Street characters I chose were a blast to paint.  All those bright primary colors were just plain fun.  




And then..... I got started on two dog portrait commissions (THANK-YOU!).  This handsome boy's name is Buddy....  

Buddy - 11" x 14", oil on canvas

And this is Mayah....  

Mayah - 14"x 20", oil on canvas

Both Buddy and Mayah were shelter dogs.  Mayah is a 10 year old, 8 pound Chihuahua that rules her kingdom.  Buddy is a Labrador/Pointer mix.  His owner tells me he is sweet, cuddly, funny and SMART!  

Buddy's and Mayah's paintings will be on the way their owners later this week. And as with all my portraits, I'll miss having them in the studio with me.  

That just about covers my art activities since my last blog post.  There are more dogs waiting to be painted - hound dogs this time!!  Can't wait to get to those!!  Plus, one more stool.  This one has Winnie the Pooh characters.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.   I'll be back ..... 

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com 


Comments