Marsh Sunrise - Day 18

The sun was just below the horizon as the dogs and I left the house this morning for our walk.  There wasn't any color yet, but I could tell it was coming, so we cut our walk short and returned within just 10 minutes to find the scene I painted for today's painting - Day 18 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.

This scene is directly across from our temporary home.  I've spent some time just hiking around over there, but this morning the timing was such that I found it full of water.  The reflections were gorgeous.  

I'll confess right up front that this was a hard one.  Lots of "stuff" going on in the scene.  About half way through, I came close to just wiping it off and trying something different.  But... I pushed though the negative thoughts and I think it came together pretty well at the end.  


Marsh Sunrise
6" x 6" , oil on birch board
Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again tomorrow.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com


Comments

Ducky said…
It would have been a great loss had you wiped out to start over Susan.
This is breathtaking.
Susan,
Gorgeous colors that create a dramatic mood.
Connie