Day 25 - Marsh Wildlife

Today's painting was way tougher than I had imagined it would be.  I think the reason for that is that I was not painting directly from a photo or a pre-planned composition as I have been.  This time I had a photo that only had bits and pieces of what I wanted in the painting.   This was another one that I came really close to just wiping off and starting over with.  But, I decided to push through and keep trying for just a little bit more.  Finally, it came together.  


Marsh Egret
6" x 6", oil on birch board

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow.


susan
www.susangarriques.com

Comments

Unknown said…
So glad this one wasn't a wiper. The texture of the grasses (palatte knife?) contrast so well with the glassy water. And the blues are spectacular.
Susan said…
You are right, Laurel. I was using the palette knife again. And this time I added a bit of pthalo blue to my ultramarine.

I'm glad it wasn't a wiper, too.
Meredith Adler said…
That's a beauty, Susan!