Day 24 - Bird's Eye View

This morning I shuffled through my remaining 6" x 6" birch boards to find a board that might have an inspiring grain pattern.  I've been battling a fierce bug since Wednesday afternoon and finding the energy - and inspiration - to paint has been tough.  Painting something I didn't have to think about too hard seemed appropriate.  

Once I found the "inspirational" board, I painted along the darker lines of the wood grain in a purple.  Once that was done, I needed to decide which side was the top.  The board was rotated around and around several times before I made my decision.  The final outcome was chosen thinking about how the eye travels through a painting.  It tends to start at the top left - like reading a book - or from the bottom up.  I was thinking that the blue section would be the first one to attract the eye, and by having an entrance from the top left and the bottom would be perfect.

I imagine the marshes might look this way if I were a bird and could fly.


Bird's Eye View
6" x 6", oil on birch board

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow.

susan
www.susangarriques.com


Comments