Back in my comfort zone...

Day 11 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge - After yesterday's attempt at "abstract", I decided to go back to my own, more realistic style.  I took my time and really enjoyed painting this one.  Yesterday afternoon as the tide was going out, I looked out the window and could see beautiful stripes of color in the water.  Purples and blues.  So, I grabbed my camera and went out to take a few photos.


Marsh Colors
6" x 6", oil on birch board

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Hope to see you here again tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments

Meredith Adler said…
I see why you are comfortable in this zone of yours...it's beautiful!
Susan said…
Thanks, Meredith. After I posted that title, I had to laugh at myself. Landscapes were out of my comfort zone till I tried abstracts. Funny how painting this one was so comfortable.
Unknown said…
Really nice colors, and it feels so relaxed.
Unknown said…
This beautiful painting evokes the deep silence and womb of life energy so present in the salt marsh. Thank you for bringing me into this moment with you dear friend!
Susan said…
Joy, your words are beautiful I am honored.