Little birds....

There's a bird feeder not too far outside my kitchen window.  It attracts lots of small songbirds and that gives me lots of chances to study them and then capture them on canvas.  I've been enjoying painting them on small 5" x 5" square canvases.  They are fat little canvas - about an inch and a half thick, so they can easily sit on a shelf or table as well as be hung on the wall.  

Goldfinches are one of my favorite "little" birds and they can be seen at the feeder often.  They enjoy the thistle seed that is in one of the hanging feeders.  

All the other paintings in my "little bird" series are done on just one canvas, but this one is done on two canvases.  Each one is 5" x 5".  Painting a composition on more than one canvas is fun.  I've only done it one other time, but I think I'll do more of these.

Goldfinches
5" x 10", oil on canvas

If you think you'd like to have these goldfinches sharing your space, just drop me a note.   You can see them in person at the Design Gallery in Burnsville, along with lots of my other "little birds".   

thanks for stopping by,
susan

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments