Blitz

This portrait was one of those that seemed meant to be.  I was taking photos of a couple of other dogs, with plans to paint portraits, when a young boy asked me to come see the "dog out back".  I went with him and shot a few photos.  One of them just begged to be painted.  I really like how this one is more than just a formal portrait composition.  The dog was so happy to see the boy and it was so obvious in the photo.  I think I managed to capture that in the painting, too, don't you?


Blitz
8" x 10", oil on board


Blitz is the last painting I finished before starting the 30 Paintings Challenge in January.  Now we are traveling and I'm not painting, so it may be a few more weeks before I get back to the studio and my paints.  (and my fingers are already getting itchy to paint again!) 

Thanks for stopping by!!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments