30 in 30 -- looking back

Looking back at the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.... 

I've put together a collage of the 30 paintings that I painted during the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  Last year was the first time that I tried painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days.  It was not easy.  One or two paintings took only 2 hours, but some of them took 6 or more hours.  And sometimes those 6 hours would take me all day to get done.   I might start in the morning, have to go off on an errand, and then finish later in the afternoon or evening.  Writing a blog post takes about another half hour.  It took a lot of time.

This year I painted 2 paintings every day and I spent four hours each day painting.  Back in September, I decided to set "strict studio hours".  That was a good decision.  I've learned to focus on nothing but painting during that time period.  Being able to paint 2 paintings in 4 hours really showed me that.  

30 Paintings in 30 Days
(click to enlarge)
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'll be posting again in a few days, so please come by again.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments