True Confessions.....

Day Two of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge - 

I was intimidated by an egg.  A large brown organic egg.   

I can paint animals.  I can paint people.  I can paint water.  But that large brown organic egg was impossible to create on canvas.  

"Direct Painting" (painting from life as opposed to photos) is not easy for me, which is the whole reason I'm tackling it during the 30 in 30 Challenge. For today's painting, I set up a small still life with a cast iron rabbit statue and that intimidating "large brown organic egg".  Starting out, everything progressed okay.  But that egg.  Ugh.  It looked like an oval tennis ball.  

Finally, I decided to wipe the egg right off the canvas.  I returned the egg to my refrigerator.  The rabbit is happy to be the star of the show.


Cast Iron Rabbit
6" x 6", oil on birch board


A wicked snowstorm is brewing outside this evening.  For all of you in range of the storm - stay safe and warm.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments

Ducky said…
One day you will get the egg on your canvas. We are in the midst of a blizzard here too. Stay warm!
Cindy D. said…
Beautiful job, especially with the shadows. You'll conquer the egg yet!