The Missing Egg......

Today is Day Four of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  There are more than 400 artists worldwide participating in this challenge.  A person could get lost looking at all the thumbnails on Leslie Saeta's blog where each artist posts a thumbnail of their painting for each day. I really enjoy browsing through the thumbnails and then clicking on ones that catch my eye to find out more about the artist and to get a better look at the painting.  It's good to know that I'm not alone in my efforts! Here's a link if you'd like to take a look....  lesliesaeta.blogspot.com   

Feeling much more confident about my painting skills after finishing yesterday's painting, it was time to tackle that large brown organic egg again. This time, it wasn't nearly as difficult.  As I was painting I realized that my original problem with painting the egg was caused by a shadow from the rabbit statue.  It was making the egg look like an oval tennis ball - with that curved stripe in the middle.  Next time, I will remember to be more conscious of patterns made by shadows.


The Missing Egg
6" x 6", oil on birch board

During last year's 30 in 30 Challenge, it seemed that I learned new things everyday and this year it continues to happen.  It is like magic.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to drop back by tomorrow!

susan

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments