Taking Refuge.....

The outside temperatures have been falling steadily since just before midnight. It started snowing this morning about 6:30.  It was 22 degrees than and the temps have been steadily moving downward.  Right now, it is 7 degrees and the sun is still up.  I'm starting to worry about just how cold it might get tonight.  The prediction is -4, but I'm thinking it might be colder than that.  The wind has picked up this afternoon, too. Most of the snow has blown away somewhere to our east.  

This morning, I took refuge from the weather in my studio.  While I'm painting, I get so involved with what I'm doing, it could be any season outside.  Today's painting (Day 6 of the 30 in 30) was done on a black board again.  I'm really enjoying painting on the black boards.  And I was sure the budgie statue I planned to paint would stand out well against that black.  And I was right!  This little budgie statue was left behind by the previous owners.  The rock belongs to my collection of river rocks.


Budgie
6" x 6", oil on birch panel

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm hoping that everyone in the path of this storm stays safe and warm.  See you tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com

susan@susangarriques.com

Comments