Day Eight

Bunnies always remind me of warm spring days and green grass.  After the arctic cold we've been experiencing, today's subject helped keep my thoughts away from the winter weather.  This painting is of a small ceramic bunny statue that I've had for more than 30 years.  It has made it through many house moves without getting lost - or given away.  That, in itself, is quite amazing.


Bunny
6" x 6", oil on birch board


Now that it is finished, I'm wondering what it would look like if I had painted it on one of the my black boards.  Hmmmm....  that might be a good idea for another painting.  

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com


Comments

Nelvia said…
Hi Susan, thanks much for leaving an encouraging comment on my blog. Will take a hard look at your blog and website, we both love animals. I see too, you are in Western NC - love Ashville area, love to move there. But cold, yes, I am in No. Ga and we were freezing here in the deep south. Would like to see your rabbit on the black - would pop.
Susan said…
I'm thinking I'm really going to have to try this rabbit on black before the 30 in 30 is over! Thanks for your comment!