Day 7 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days

In addition to my collection of teddy bears, I have a collection of rocks.  Most of these are small, too, like the bears.  And have been picked up where ever I may have been traveling.  Rocks have fascinated me since childhood.  Not in a scientific sense as much as artistic.  Colorful rocks attract my attention.  Smooth rocks will catch my eye.  Into my pocket they go.  

Last night, while trying to decide what to paint today, I thought that a stack of some of my rocks would be interesting.  I may have had just as much fun choosing and stacking rocks for this painting as I did painting it.  


Cairn
6" x 6" , oil on birch board

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow!

susan

p.s.  It was -10 here this morning!!! Minus 10.  It's not supposed to get that cold here.  And only up to 19 during the day.  We were lucky, though, and didn't get the predicted wind.  And our pipes and/or well didn't freeze.  So double luck on this one.

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com


Comments