Day 30 - “Anticipation”


Today is the final day of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge and I must admit I need a break.  It’s been fun, but the pressure to finish a painting every day has been pretty tough. 

Today’s painting is another amaryllis bud.  This plant was given to me by a good friend and amazing artist, Gaylene Petcu.  If you haven’t seen her work before, please take time to check out her website.  You won’t be disappointed.

This amaryllis will be a deep deep red when it opens.  There is one very tall stalk (close to 3 feet high) with two blooms.  I’ve had this one for several years now and it is a reliable bloomer.  (thanks, Gaylene!)

Anticipation
6" x 6", oil on birch board


I’m not sure I should confess this here - in public and all, but here goes....  Some of my close friends know, but I’ve been keeping it secret from most people.  Since last summer, we have been planning to escape from the mountains this winter and head to Key West to visit friends.  After last winter’s 30 in 30 Challenge, I wasn’t sure my husband was going to be up for another 30 days of me stressing out about finishing a painting every day.  So… being the crazy overachiever I can be, I decided that I just might be able to paint 2 paintings a day and then we could head south.  So that’s what I did.  I painted 2 paintings a day for 15 days.  I’ve been posting them in the same order that I painted them, but just one each day.  It wasn’t any harder than last year, and I don’t think I spent as much time painting every day as I did during the last 30 in 30.  But…. after I finished, it occurred to me that painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days is really about painting every day for 30 days.  Not about painting 30 paintings.  Hindsight.  Isn’t it wonderful?  

Thanks again for reading all my words and for looking at all my paintings and most of all for all your support!  

Warm greetings from Florida!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

      

Comments