Day 24 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 24 - Florida Strawberries

This painting is a bit on the surreal side and I’ve decided to leave it that way.  I think it is another one that I thought would be fairly easy and instead turned out to be difficult.  To me, the strawberries look like they are suspended above a surface.  Almost like little strawberry UFOs!  They aren’t anchored.  And the shadows seem to be too dark, even though that is what I was seeing when I painted them.  So.. this is my entry in the “surreal” contest.

These strawberries are from Estero, Florida, which is south Florida for those of you who aren’t familiar with that area.  They were the longest strawberries I’ve ever encountered and very sweet.  

Florida Strawberries
6" x 6", oil on birch board


Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com

susan@susangarriques.com

Comments