Day 17 - Bubba Bear

Today's painting is a portrait of another bear in my collection.  This one is named Bubba and he is the most recent addition to the pack.  I found Bubba in one day in downtown Burnsville, NC, several years ago.  It was rainy and gray and cold, and I was wishing for some sunshine.  I wandered into Something Special, a gift shop on Main Street.  The name is perfect.  They have all kinds of special treasures on their shelves.  On that particular day, just inside the door, was a display of stuffed bears.  And there sat Bubba.  He is about 12" tall when sitting down and is just the perfect size for a hug.  On that gray rainy day, I needed a hug.  Bubba came home with me.  He has a place of honor in my studio, where he keeps watch over me while I paint.  And is available for a hug anytime.


Bubba Bear
6" x 6", oil on birch board

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments