Day 10 - 30 in 30

Today's painting means I am one third of the way through the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  10 paintings down, 20 to go.  I'm having fun and getting more comfortable painting from a still life setup.  One problem I haven't solved, though, is that each time I move, the "scene" looks a little bit different.  Sometimes, I make note of just where I was standing on the floor and then I return to that spot.  That helps, but I don't always remember to do that.  I paint with my palette behind me on a worktable and my easel in front of me with the still life off to the right side.  It means walking back and forth to load my brush and then to apply the paint to the canvas.  I'm thinking perhaps I should consider a handheld palette and gluing my feet to the floor!

Garden Rabbit
6" x 6", oil on birch board
Today's painting is a portrait of a small concrete garden statue.  In reailty, it is the color of concrete.  I wanted to change his color, which sounded simple, but for some reason I had a harder time with it than I thought I would.   It may not have been the color, but just statue itself, which is quite weather worn.

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
The palette occurred to me as well. I realized how much time I spend turning sideways to get the paint. This is one of the benefits of spending so much time painting.