30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 18

We woke up to find about 1/2 inch of snow on the ground this morning.  And only 12 degrees outside.  Brrrr.... Even the dogs don't like it that cold.

Today's painting has colors that remind me of spring, which isn't too far away now.  Before too long, when I look out my windows I'll see a sea of green.  The change between winter and spring is amazing here.  In the winter, with no leaves on the trees, we can see so much more.  It's almost like opening and closing a curtain.


Green Vase
6" x 6", oil on birch board
This is another of my clear gessoed panels.  I left the entire background on this one unpainted.  The texture of the wood and subtle color variation is fascinating to me.  And the contrasting colors of the red flowers with the green vase just seem to sing. 

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments