Denzol

This spring and summer have found me spending more time painting landscapes than my usual animals.  And as much as I enjoy painting those landscapes, when I'm painting animals, I'm truly where I want to be.  It is like a long cool drink of water on a hot summer day.

This portrait is of Denzol, who crossed the Rainbow Bridge earlier this year.  Denzol was a labrador/chow mix that came from a shelter in Florida.  She lived a good, long life with a wonderful family.  

Denzol's portrait has also generated a donation to the Yancey Humane Society in Burnsville, NC.  Each of my commissioned portraits includes a donation to the animal rescue or shelter of the client's choice.  Being able to give back in order to help animals is a great feeling.  

Denzol
8" x 10", oil on canvas

The holidays are coming up soon.  If you have a dog - or maybe a cat - or a horse - you would like a portrait of (they make great gifts), I have a few empty slots left in my calendar.  Just let me know!

Thanks for stopping by,
susan

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments