Painting in Maine

Finally! An afternoon perfect for painting. We are camped at Sunset Point Campground in Harrington, Maine and our site is right on the water. I was able to set up my easel in our site and paint from here.

When I started, the sun was behind clouds and the scene was rather subdued with not much value changes. Before long the sun came out from behind the clouds and changed everything. This often happens while painting outside. Since I started with a darker scene, I kept it that way.

I'm not the best at changing the scene I'm painting, but this time I changed quite a bit. The tide was out and there was only mud, which my photo doesn't really show. I wanted water, so I added that and left out a house behind the house I painted. Looking back, I wish I had also changed the house I painted. It is a two story house that hangs right out over the water. Not particularly pretty. If I were to paint it again, I would make it a one story house. I think it would be prettier that way. (another lesson learned!)

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks like you are having fun !!! Miss you